Our updated policy explains what personal data we collect and how we process it.
What personal data we collect
John Bownes Ltd collects personal information to provide you with our products and services.
Data is collected when you purchase goods from us or when you enquire about any products or services that we offer.
What information do we collect?
John Bownes Ltd may collect the following information off you:
– Full name
– Business trading name
– Full address, including postcode
– Landline telephone numbers
– Mobile numbers
– Email addresses
How do we receive your information?
John Bownes Ltd collects your personal information:
– When you contact us directly regarding any of our products our services.
– When you apply to open a credit account with us.
– When you make an online enquiry via email or via our enquiry form on the website.
– From other companies who provide products and services on our behalf, such as finance companies or our suppliers who you may have contacted directly.
How do we use your information?
John Bownes Ltd may use your information in the following circumstances:
– To verify your identity when you open an account with us.
– To administer your account
– To recover debts and trace your whereabouts.
– To contact you for marketing purposes directly relating to products or services you have received off us.
How we store your information
Your data is stored on our secured servers, operated only by employees of John Bownes Ltd. Your data may also be stored in our secure paper filing system.
Sharing your data
John Bownes Ltd will never sell your data to third parties; however your data may be passed on to the following third parties in certain circumstances:
– Subcontractors and other persons who help us to provide you with our services and products
– Our legal and professional advisors, including auditors
– Government bodies and agencies (e.g. HMRC)
– Credit Research Agencies and Debt Collection Agencies
– Insurance companies in regards to hire and claims
– Anywhere else where we have your consent or are requested by law.
How long do we keep your data
Your information will be kept on our secure system for the duration of our business relationship. Your information may be kept in our secure paper filing system for longer for accounting and legal purposes.
You have the following rights regarding your personal data held by John Bownes Ltd
– You can request to access your personal information at any time.
– You have the right to object to us using your data for marketing.
– You can request for us to alter any of your data that we have, if it is inaccurate.
– You can request for your data to be erased at any time assuming your account is inactive.
To manage your delivery rights and delivery preferences you can contact us in the following ways:
Post: John Bownes Ltd, Court House Farm, Swanlow Lane, Winsford CW7 4BS
If you are concerned or have any questions about how we process your personal data then please contact us and we will do our best to help you. Please note that you can lodge any complaint with the UK Information Commissioners Office.
John Bownes Ltd reserves the right to revise this policy or any part of it from time to time.